- Do you reside in rural areas of Armenia, Nagorno Karabakh Republic or Javakhk?
- Do you have splendid and viable business idea?
- Do you want to develop your entrepreneurial skills and establish a business in your community?
TRDP aims to contribute to the sustainable economic development in rural Armenia through continuing adult education and enhancement of entrepreneurial skills among rural population.
The program provides economic opportunities to the rural residents of Armenia through
- Entrepreneurial education
- Financial assistance
So far, TRDP established its presence in
- Three regions of the Republic of Armenia (RA): Shirak, Tavush, Vayots Dzor
- Nagorno Karabakh Republic (NKR)
- Javakhk, Republic of Georgia
Anyone who resides in one of the RA regions that TRDP has regional office in, in NKR or in Javakhk is eligible to apply to the program, if
- He/she has realizable business idea
- He/she is ready to participate in one-month trainings offered by the program to enhance his/her entrepreneurial skills
- He/she intends to materialize his/her own business idea
- He/she intends to establish a profitable business in the above-mentioned regions that TRDP has a presence
- If he/she believes that the development of his/her business will create job places for the co-villagers and will contribute to the development of his/her community
- Business cannot be established in the central town of the region, such as in Ijevan, Gyumri, Stepanakert, etc…
- Business cannot be agricultural, such as husbandry
- Visit the TRDP regional office to get acquainted with our hardworking and welcoming staff
- Fill in the application and submit it to the office
- If your business idea is viable, you will be contacted and invited to take part in a one-month training to acquire or develop your entrepreneurial skills
- Upon completion of the training, each participant presents his/her business plan to the program jury, consisting of the loan specialists from commercial banks, the representatives of the organizations engaged in rural development, and TRDP regional staff.
- For business plans approved by the Jury, TRDP acts as a guarantor and the beneficiary receives loans from TRDP partner commercial banks at an interest rate of 6%.
Please note that after the business is set up, you become a partner with TRDP. TRDP staff will monitor the development of your business and provide support and consultation as needed.