- Do you reside in rural areas of Armenia, Artsakh or Javakhk?
- Do you have a splendid and viable business idea?
- Do you want to develop your entrepreneurial skills and establish a business in your community?
If you answered YES to the questions above, then the opportunities the American University of Armenia’s Turpanjian Rural Development Program offers are for YOU!
TRDP aims to contribute to sustainable economic development in rural Armenia through continuing adult education and enhancement of entrepreneurial skills among the rural population.
The program provides economic opportunities to rural residents of Armenia through
- Entrepreneurial education
- Financial assistance
Applicants from the following locations can apply to TRDP:
- Shirak, Tavush, and Vayots Dzor regions of the Republic of Armenia and certain communities inof their neighboring regions listed below:
- Mets Parni
- Republic of Artsakh
- Javakhk, Republic of Georgia
Anyone who resides in the RA regions/marzes listed above, Artsakh or in Javakhk is eligible to apply to the Program. Prior to applying, please make sure that:
- you have a realizable business idea;
- you are ready to participate in a one-month trainings offered by the Program to enhance your entrepreneurial skills;
- you intend to put into practice your own business idea;
- you intend to establish a profitable business in the above-mentioned regions where the Program is present;
- you are confident that the enhancement of your business will create jobs for your community members and contribute to local development.
- your business cannot be established in the central town of the region, such as in Ijevan, Gyumri, Stepanakert, etc…
- your business cannot be agricultural, such as husbandry
- Visit the TRDP regional office.
- Our hardworking and welcoming staff will guide your filling in the application form.
- Submit the completed form to the office.
- If your business idea is viable, you will be contacted and invited to take part in a one-month training to acquire or develop your entrepreneurial skills.
- Upon completion of the training, each participant presents his/her business plan to the Program's jury, consisting of loan specialists from commercial banks, representatives of the organizations engaged in rural development, and TRDP regional staff.
- For business plans approved by the jury, TRDP acts as a guarantor and the beneficiary receives loans from TRDP partner commercial banks at an interest rate of 6%.
Please note that after your business is set up, you will become a partner with TRDP.
TRDP staff will monitor the development of your business and provide support and consultation as needed.